Airlink lodge link flights
Small aircraft transfers to Sabi Sands lodges
For the more adventurous traveller it is possible to book short flights right into the heart of the Sabi Sands. Airlink offers flights -by means of small aircraft- to three airstrips located in the the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. These flights depart from Skukuza Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and usually take about 20 to 30 minutes. Lodge link flights connect beautifully with flights arriving and departing from Skukuza and Kruger Mpumalanga allowing seamless access to the bush. Airlink uses Cessna Grand Caravans (12 passengers plus 2 pilots) for lodge link flights.
Access to lodges
Airlink services two airstrips in the Sabi Sands: Arathusa (ASS) and Londolozi (LDZ). Each of these airstrips allow access to diffenent lodges dependent on the lodge location in the reserve. We have indicated each lodge accessible below.
Baggage restrictions and additonal information
As lodge link flights are operated by means of small aircraft, strict baggage restrictions are in place. Please take note of the below:
- Checked baggage allowance: 20kgs in soft bag only
- Cabin baggage allowance: 8kgs in soft bag only
- Free baggage storage facilities at Skukuza Airport and Kruger Mpumalanga KMIA
- Free baggage transfers between Skukuza Airport and Nelspruit KMIA for passengers utilising a minimum of 2 consecutive lodge link flights
- Airside lounges at Skukuza Airport and Nelspruit KMIA with refreshment and restroom facilities
- Minimum connecting time at Skukuza Airport and Nelspruit KMIA is 20 minutes for domestic and 30 minutes for international - please note that this is a legal IATA connecting time
Lodge link flights to and from Arathusa
The Arathusa (ASS) airstrip is located in the northern sector of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve and allows access to the following lodges: Chitwa Chitwa, Elephant Plains Lodge, Arathusa Safari Lodge, Nkorho Bush Lodge, Silvan Safari Lodge, Cheetah Plains Lodge and Simbambili Lodge. Transfers from and to the Arathusa airstrip are usually included when staying at any of these lodges but please note that additional landing fees may apply. You will not need additional road transfers from and to Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport when arriving and departing from the Arathusa airstrip.
Flights to Arathusa airstrip
Flights from Arathusa airstrip
Lodge link flights to and from Londolozi
The Londolozi (LDZ) airstrip is located in the eastern sector of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve and allows access to Londolozi Game Reserve only. You will not need additional road transfers from and to Kruger Mpumalanga International (MQP) when arriving and departing from the Londolozi airstrip.